|When starting PR/WIN I get the error "-2147467259 Routine LoadApp Source Microsoft JET Database Engine Cannot open the file C:\. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."
This error will occur if the default database and the data path entries are listed incorrectly in the datair.ini file. You may encounter this problem subsequent to starting PR/Win when the drive or directory where the database is located is not available.
To correct this perform the following procedure:
1) Click on the START button
2) Highlight the FIND option
3) Click on FILES or FOLDERS
4) In the NAME section enter datair.ini
5) In the LOOK IN section make sure the C: drive is selected, also make sure the box for INCLUDE subdirectories is checked and click the FIND NOW button
6) Once the file is found, double click on the file name. This will bring up the contents of the file in a Notepad window.
7) Look for the section of the file with the heading [COMMON]. There you will see a listing such as:
The listing after the equal sign (=) must be a valid path. Make sure the line DefaultDataBase=datair.mdb is the first line after the [COMMON] heading. Then make sure to enter a valid path for the DATAPATH= line. This must be the path to the folder where the PR/WIN database is kept.
8) Click on File and Exit to exit out of Notepad. You will be prompted whether you want to save changes. Click on "Yes"
9) Exit out of the FIND screen.
You should now be able to enter PR/WIN.
For more information about this or any other Knowledge Base
Article, please contact