|Whenever I attempt to Transfer DOS plans to PR/WIN why do I get an "Error 52"?
This error will occur if the DOS Home entry is listed incorrectly in the datair.ini file. To check this perform
the following procedure:
1) Click on the START button
2) Highlight the FIND option
3) Click on FILES or FOLDERS
4) In the NAME section enter datair.ini
5) In the LOOK IN section make sure the C drive is selected, also make sure the box for INCLUDE subdirectories is checked and click the FIND NOW button
6) Once the file is found, double click on the file name. This will bring up the contents of the file in a Notepad window.
7) Look for the section of the file with the heading [COMMON]. There you will see a listing such as:
The listing after the equal sign (=) must be a valid path. Either enter a valid path or delete the information after the equal sign.
If you choose to delete the information after the equal sign then PR/WIN will prompt you to Locate Home Directory once again.
8) Click on File and Exit to exit out of Notepad.
9) Exit out of the FIND screen.
You should now be able to enter PR/WIN and successfully run the Transfer option.
For more information about this or any other Knowledge Base
Article, please contact